Dental Bonding is a procedure that can be used to make small, cosmetic changes to the front of a tooth. Our dentists use bonding to repair cracks, chips and flaws in teeth or to whiten them for a gentle “face lift” as an alternative to more lengthy cosmetic procedures.
With Dental Bonding, a tooth-colored resin material is applied to the surface of a tooth and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve a person’s smile. Dental bonding can be a more affordable alternative to veneers, but porcelain veneers can provide a longer-lasting result.
Which conditions can Dental Bonding fix?
- Repairing decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Improving the appearance of discolored teeth
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Making teeth look longer
- Changing the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede